- Unformed Legal Roads
- Types of legal public access
- Overseas Investment Act
- Walking on Crown-owned land
- Cyclists and mountain bikers
- Resolving disputes over access
- The Country and Outdoor Recreation Calendar
- Crossing private land
- Can a landholder stop me using an unformed legal road?
- Forms of legal access across private land
- Motor vehicle on walking tracks
- Types of walkways
- Bikes, dogs and horses on walkways
- Greenways, property developers and the use of incentives
- What a wellbeing framework means for access to the outdoors
- Landholders can refuse the right to walk over land
- Downloadable GPX files make accessing hidden spots easier
- Shared pathways
- Landlocked land
- Responsible behaviour
- Health and safety
- Māori land
- Funding and awards
- Rivers, lakes and coast
Regional field advisors
Contact an advisor to investigate or negotiate public outdoor access.
Get the app to take our maps with you just about anywhere.
Current vacancies at Herenga ā Nuku.
The Country and Outdoor Recreation Calendar
A downloadable calendar showing common New Zealand farming, fishing and hunting seasons. The calendar has been jointly created by Herenga ā Nuku, Fish & Game New Zealand and Federated Farmers New Zealand. Seasons shown include calving, lambing, freshwater fishing, game bird hunting and whitebaiting, among others.
Page last updated: Jul 27, 2022, 10:03 AM