Outdoor access maps (WAMS)
Find public access areas to walk, cycle, hunt, fish, horse ride or otherwise enjoy Aotearoa New Zealand's outdoors.
Layers included in this map:
- Public access areas
- Hunting and fishing
- Tracks and trails
- DOC huts and campsites
- Property information
- View our full Map Gallery
- Get the Pocket Maps app
- Check out Plan My Walk and Te Araroa for more walking track access
Use the tools along the map's top bar (or top-right menu on smaller screens) to get more from our maps.
- Legend: interpret map features.
- Layers: hide or show information on the map.
- Basemap: choose a background map, including Topo50.
Browse our help guide to learn about these features and others, including drawing and measuring tools.
Occasionally we update our maps and you may need to clear your browser's cache to get things working again.