Vacancy: Te Araroa Trail Executive Director
Walking from Cape Reinga to Bluff is one of the most rewarding experiences of a person’s life. Managing Te Araroa, the world-renowned trail that traverses that journey is even more demanding and rewarding.
The Walking Access Commission and Te Araroa Trust are looking for an Executive Director for the 3000km Te Araroa Trail.
This full-time position reports to both the Te Araroa Trust and the Walking Access Commission Chief Executive.
As the successful applicant, you will
- develop and maintain a strategic plan for Te Araroa Trust
- manage an annual operation plan, work programmes and financial budgets
- co-ordinate the activities of Te Araroa Trust and its regional trusts
- work with key stakeholders to secure access agreements, funding and trail promotion
- manage a capital works programme to develop and improve the trail
- manage the ownership and maintenance of the $5 million of trail assets under the Trust’s control, including monitoring and recording the trail’s condition
- manage fundraising activities and revenue
- help promote Te Araroa, with the support of the staff at the commission
- report to both the Walking Access Commission and Te Araroa Trust
Your skills will include
- Knowledge of the Crown’s obligations under te Tiriti and a commitment to partnership with Māori
- A relevant degree or appropriate professional qualification
- At least five years general management experience at an intermediate or senior level
- Experience and skills in developing and maintaining relationships
- Oral and written communication skills including the use of the internet and social media
- The ability to analyse projects and problems and think creatively to develop solutions
- The ability to seek out and engage volunteers
- A knowledge of the developing, maintaining and operating trails including a basic knowledge of land law and access rights
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a CV and cover letter.
Applications close 5pm, 10 October 2021.