Vacancy: Land Advisor
- An exciting opportunity for an experienced land advisor
- A key role within our small, friendly team
- A chance to improve public access to the outdoors for future generations
The New Zealand Walking Access Commission is a small Crown entity that protects and improves public access to the outdoors for walkers, mountain bikers, anglers, and many other outdoor recreationists.
We want an experienced land advisor to join our operations team
The successful applicant will provide sound land advice to our team and our regional field advisors based throughout New Zealand, and to external stakeholders. The land advisor will identify public access throughout New Zealand and opportunities to enhance and secure additional public access.
The work is varied and includes working with central, regional, and local government, landholders, tangata whenua, recreation and trail groups.
We are looking for someone who has the following attributes
- Proven experience with, and a strong understanding of land titles and cadastral survey systems including LINZ landonline, is essential;
- Understanding of the Land Transfer Act and other relevant legislation relating to the land titles, registration system and conveyancing processes is beneficial;
- Able to research and analyse land information to then provide advice based on findings;
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and principles
- Experience in, and a basic understanding of Crown land
- Understanding, familiarity, or interest in GIS-based technology systems, and
- Is a clear thinker, writer, and communicator.
We are looking for someone who has the following qualifications
- A relevant tertiary level qualification (preferably Land information-based) is desirable
- Qualifications and/or experience in a land advisory role, and
- Skilled in land status analysis and interpretation
What we can offer you
This is a permanent full-time position based in our central city office. The salary will be in the range of $80,000–90,000 depending on skills. The role provides plenty of variety, with interesting and challenging opportunities within a small, positive work environment. Benefits of working with us include the opportunity to travel, personal development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
COVID-19 Vaccination — The goal of the New Zealand Government is to ensure that all those who can be vaccinated, are vaccinated. The Commission is committed to the health and safety of its people and the wider community. The Commission expects that all its employees and contractors be vaccinated, as per the Governments guidelines. The successful applicant will need to be able to produce evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption.
Please apply by emailing your application including a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org